Sunday 27 July 2014

Day 1 done

Pilots leaving the hangar post briefing ready to do battle


We're finally underway with Day 1 done and dusted. John showed his class and experience with a 2nd place first up signaling he will be a real contender, while Brett and myself were well done the pack as novices amongst the pros. Certainly looking forward to shaking off the novice status and getting some improved results!

The task today was a short 2.5hr AAT as the day was starting late and predicted to finish early with high cirrus moving in from the west and potential local over-developments. I went through the gate early, 15 minutes after it opened and missed flying with the gaggles when they started 20-25 minutes later, so I was out in front all day. I was first home on my first day at the worlds which was kind of cool (even if not good results wise) and John was second home a few minutes behind me so for a minute or two John and I were the only gliders back home on the field!

We finished the day with a nice BBQ dinner and few cooling beers in the shady spot behind our container. Looking forward to tomorrow now.




No comments:

Post a Comment