Tuesday 29 July 2014

Day 2 -Where did all my points go! (Steve)

Woke up on Day 3 to discover most of my Day 2 points has disappeared overnight. Turns out I had crossed an airspace line that was not on my flight computer. Unfortunately the organizers as per the rules only provide an SUA file which is next to useless as most of the flight computers like LX don't read SUA, they only read CUB. So unless you are an IT whizz and know how to convert SUA to CUB you are reliant on borrowing a CUB file from somebody who has it, which is what many people do. Unfortunately it turns out that the CUB file I borrowed didn't have the one airspace line which I managed to briefly cross. Hey presto, scored as a land out after 75km on a 1,000 point day. Quite gutting really.

2 comments:

  1. Really sorry to see Steve - Have you got the latest one now? I downloaded the cub file from here "Airspaces - .cub file CURRENT " which appears to be up to date:
    http://www.wgc2014.hb.pl/index.php/for-teams-pilots/documents-files.;

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pox on all IT! Never mind. Go Steve! DH

    ReplyDelete